Additional COVID-19 Resources
A gradually building treasure-trove of helpful videos, documents, and websites.
Incredible COVID-19 Content
The following are a list of websites that have impressed us while researching the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Hold the Line: Feeling ready to cheat and visit a friend or get kids together for a playdate? Read this prescient article written on April 5, 2020.
- Decoding COVID-19: an exceptional scrolling walkthrough explaining COVID-19
- Coronavirus Simulation: the Washington Post presents incredible information and visuals to explain this pandemic.
- Visualizing the History of Pandemics: the Visual Capitalist provides a stunning infographic followed by fascinating extensive data.
- Infection Trajectory: See Which Countries are Flattening Their COVID-19 Curve
- Our World in Data – COVID-19: an immensely detailed website beautifully put together.
- IHME COVID-19 Projections: USA COVID-19 projections assuming full social distancing through May 2020
These sites are for those that want scientific data that goes way over my head!
- Genomic Epidemiology of Novel Coronavirus
- Infodemics Observatory: a fascinating analysis of 100million public messages about COVID-19 revealing sentiment & psychology, social bot pollution, and the reliability of the news presented.
Other Sources Similar to COVID19now.com
The following are PDFs we have discovered on various government websites with great/helpful content of some fashion related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- (March 16, 2020) The popular Imperial College COVID-19 Response Team document titled “Impact of non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPIs) to reduce COVID-19 mortality and healthcare demand”. This document has been cited hundreds of thousands of times and is a truly sobering read.
- (April 17, 2020) “COVID-19: Where we are. Considerations for next steps” was the accumulated update for the BC Ministry of Health that grabbed the attention of the press and public.
- More to come.