COVID-19 in British ColumbiaThis is your source for all COVID-19 / coronavirus based news from official news sources within British Columbia.
COVID-19 in British Columbia
COVID-19 Cases by BC Health Region
Help Front-line Health Care Workers in British Columbia: COVID19Therapy.ca
Tell them about our sister site COVID19Therapy.ca where Registered Counsellors and Psychotherapists in British Columbia are offering individual and personal support to front-line health care workers – free of charge – through 3 personal video or phone sessions.
Spread The Word! Our new sister site offers free counseling for front-line health care workers in British Columbia: COVID19Therapy.ca
Coping with COVID-19 Anxiety
Anxiety Canada discusses coping mechanisms during the pandemic.
Suggested Resources for BC Residents
Important Phone Numbers
- Call 811 if you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Call 1-888-268-4319 for non-health related COVID-19 information
- COVID-19 – BC Centre for Disease Control
- COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information
- COVID-19 Economic Support for Individuals
Mental Health Resources
- Our sister site COVID19Therapy.ca where Registered Counsellors and Psychotherapists in British Columbia are offering individual and personal support to front-line health care workers – free of charge – through 3 personal video or phone sessions.
- Licensed psychologist pro-bono mental health support (Canada-wide) for front-line service providers.
- BounceBack BC: “a free skill-building program designed to help adults and youth 15+ manage low mood, mild to moderate depression, anxiety, stress or worry.”
- Anxiety Canada: Learn about anxiety and how to cope with anxiety during the COVID-19 pandemic.
BC University & College COVID-19 Resources
- University of Victoria Updates
- The University of British Columbia response website
- Simon Fraser University
- Camosun College
- Vancouver Island University Coronavirus Updates and Information
- Langara College Coronavirus Update
- British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) Novel Coronavirus News
- University of the Fraser Valley
- Thompson Rivers University
- Capilano University
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Other Provincially Informative Websites
Paths to COVID-19 Infection in B.C.
Source: BC Surveillance Summary. Jan1 – Apr 7, 2020 (N=1291)
BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool
“This self-assessment tool, developed with the BC Ministry of Health, will help determine whether you may need further assessment or testing for COVID-19. You can complete this assessment for yourself, or on behalf of someone else, if they are unable to.”
OR, install the Support App and Self-Assessment Tool for your mobile device:
BC Government Statements
The Latest COVID-19 News in British Columbia
- A look back at the impact in B.C. on the two-year anniversary mark of its first COVID-19 case
- Three new healthcare COVID outbreaks in Island Health; two declared over
- Provisional COVID update reports 2,137 new cases for B.C.; 264 for Island Health
- B.C. reports 9 COVID-19 deaths, new hospitalization record on pandemic anniversary
- 9 deaths, 2,137 new cases of COVID-19 in B.C. Friday
- Five members of Team Canada delegation in COVID-19 protocol ahead of Beijing Olympics
- B.C. could lift more COVID restrictions starting Family Day
- National vaccine committee recommends high-risk teens get a COVID-19 booster shot
- B.C. could lift more COVID restrictions starting on Family Day: top doctor
- Canada represented by 215 athletes at Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games
- B.C. residents will no longer be exempt from pandemic-related border crossing rules: Health Canada
- COVID-19 update with health officials coming as B.C. marks 2-year milestone in pandemic
- Long-term care outbreaks account for 40% of COVID-19 deaths in B.C. this month, Henry says
- Health officials to provide COVID-19 update on two-year anniversary of B.C.’s first COVID-19 case