COVID-19 in British ColumbiaThis is your source for all COVID-19 / coronavirus based news from official news sources within British Columbia.
COVID-19 in British Columbia
COVID-19 Cases by BC Health Region
Help Front-line Health Care Workers in British Columbia: COVID19Therapy.ca
Tell them about our sister site COVID19Therapy.ca where Registered Counsellors and Psychotherapists in British Columbia are offering individual and personal support to front-line health care workers – free of charge – through 3 personal video or phone sessions.
Spread The Word! Our new sister site offers free counseling for front-line health care workers in British Columbia: COVID19Therapy.ca
The Latest Update from Dr. Bonnie Henry
(August 20) B.C.’s Provincial Health Officer’s Daily Update
Coping with COVID-19 Anxiety
Anxiety Canada discusses coping mechanisms during the pandemic.
The following data may not exactly match the above data due to varying sources and update frequency.
COVID-19 Cases in British Columbia Over Time
Suggested Resources for BC Residents
Important Phone Numbers
- Call 811 if you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Call 1-888-268-4319 for non-health related COVID-19 information
- COVID-19 – BC Centre for Disease Control
- COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information
- COVID-19 Economic Support for Individuals
Mental Health Resources
- Our sister site COVID19Therapy.ca where Registered Counsellors and Psychotherapists in British Columbia are offering individual and personal support to front-line health care workers – free of charge – through 3 personal video or phone sessions.
- Licensed psychologist pro-bono mental health support (Canada-wide) for front-line service providers.
- BounceBack BC: “a free skill-building program designed to help adults and youth 15+ manage low mood, mild to moderate depression, anxiety, stress or worry.”
- Anxiety Canada: Learn about anxiety and how to cope with anxiety during the COVID-19 pandemic.
BC University & College COVID-19 Resources
- University of Victoria Updates
- The University of British Columbia response website
- Simon Fraser University
- Camosun College
- Vancouver Island University Coronavirus Updates and Information
- Langara College Coronavirus Update
- British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) Novel Coronavirus News
- University of the Fraser Valley
- Thompson Rivers University
- Capilano University
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Other Provincially Informative Websites
Paths to COVID-19 Infection in B.C.
Source: BC Surveillance Summary. Jan1 – Apr 7, 2020 (N=1291)
BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool
“This self-assessment tool, developed with the BC Ministry of Health, will help determine whether you may need further assessment or testing for COVID-19. You can complete this assessment for yourself, or on behalf of someone else, if they are unable to.”
OR, install the Support App and Self-Assessment Tool for your mobile device:
BC Government Statements
The Latest COVID-19 News in British Columbia
- Young Cowichan farmer with COVID-19 battling for his life
- Goodbye Pfizer, hello Comirnaty: COVID-19 vaccines renamed in Canada
- Federal leaders point fingers at each other over Alberta’s COVID-19 health emergency
- COVID-19 in B.C.: Latest local update coming as most new cases are among unvaccinated
- Alberta introduces new rules, passport as COVID puts health system days from collapse
- First doses slowly climbing, but how to reach remaining unvaccinated? Experts weigh in
- B.C. singer-songwriter Hannah Epperson thrilled to be back on stage
- ‘They couldn’t get help’: Parksville man dies waiting on 911, on hold for 30 minutes
- Family of Vancouver woman battling COVID-19 urges skeptics to get vaccinated
- Victoria mom speaks out after son tests positive for COVID-19 the first week of school
- Victoria Clipper ferry service to return to operation Friday
- Victoria cigar shops handle increased demand amid supply limitations
- Care homes in Surrey and Abbotsford dealing with new COVID-19 outbreaks
- Is your pandemic pup lonely when you’re at work? UBC offers tips on how to help them cope